Tips to remember when traveling with a pet
When you’re planning to travel with your pet, you need to remember that they have special needs. Bringing them along on your trip is not as simple as loading them in a cage and leaving them on the backseat of your car.
Bow & Wow, the country’s first and only all-natural pet store for dogs and cats that aims to empower pet parents through education, offers the following helpful tips to make the journey with your four-legged friends smooth and worry free.
• Have a suitable travel kennel. This is a must have to ensure safety. It should be light, easy to carry, and should provide proper ventilation or holes to allow your pet to see what is going on outside, and give it a sense of security despite unfamiliar settings. Other handy items like a harness and a cat carrier if you have a kitty can also be useful in transporting pets safely.
• Throw in a familiar item. Make sure your pet has something to keep it preoccupied, such as a favorite toy or a non-toxic familiar object to keep it busy while in transit.
• Have travel treats at hand. Pet chews will come in handy to help keep your pet preoccupied and satiated. Remember, a pet that is fully fed may most likely feel nauseated during a long car trip, so a lasting chew treat is essential.
• Allot potty time. See to it that your furry friend has had its potty time and has engaged in some play/exercise. This will make your pet more comfortable and less restless during travel time.
• Create positive energy. Act enthusiastic when placing your pet inside a travel kennel. That way, the act will look like a treat and not a punishment.
For other informative reads, visit http://www.bowandwow.com.ph/blog. Check out the quality travel paraphernalia and accessory finds for your furry four-legged friends at Bow & Wow, with stores located at Level 5 of Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City; at the lower ground floor of Greenbelt 5, Makati City; at the 2nd floor, Al Fresco, Robinsons Magnolia in New Manila, Quezon City; at the ground floor of Excelsior in Eastwood City, Libis, Q.C.; and at Level 3 at the New Wing of Ayala Center, Cebu. For more information, visit the Bow & Wow website at www.bowandwow.com.ph.